Abbotsweld NET Curriculum
At Abbotsweld we use the national curriculum as a minimum. The curriculum we have written from this is devised to prepare pupils to be ‘life ready’ as a ‘global citizen’ but what does this mean?
Our rich knowledge based curriculum means that pupils gain essential knowledge and have the opportunity to be experts in every subject.
Knowledge to be taught each term is shared with pupils and parents at the beginning of the term through a Factfile. This knowledge can be ‘quizzed’ multiple times in a low pressure, high expectation environment to maximise progress.
Expertise is developed through skills- pupils will understand what it means to be a geographer, historian, scientist, writer, mathematician etc... and work on this throughout their time at Abbotsweld.
See our curriculum here.
Our Pupil Athlete Centre hosts our in-house physical development lessons where pupils have access to a wide range of equipment including:
- Indoor Traversing Climbing Wall
- Curling stones
- Gymnastics Vaults
In addition to formal lessons with a specialist teacher we run ‘Get Up Get Going’, sporting excellence clubs, exposure opportunities and more. During social times pupils increase their physical development throughout organised games and free use of equipment. Find out more about our Pupil Athlete Pathway here.
At Abbotsweld pupils find a sense of SELF through an innovative and bespoke SELF programme which encompasses pupils’ development of Social Skills, Exposure to the world, Life Skills, Fascination. Sessions may include:
- 50 Things at Abbotsweld
- First Aid
- College and University Trips
- Political Debate
- Charity Activities
- Abbotsweld Long Term Plan Science and non core
- English LTP
- Y1 Maths Long Term Plans
- Y2 Maths Long Term Plans
- Y3 Maths Long Term Plans
- Y4 Maths Long Term Plans
- Y5 Maths Long Term Plans
- Y6 Maths Long Term Plans
- Year 1 English MTP Autumn 2020 21
- Year 2 English MTP Autumn 2020 21
- Year 3 English MTP Autumn 2020 21
- Year 4 English MTP Autumn 2020 21
- Year 5 English MTP Autumn 2020 21
- Year 6 English MTP Autumn 2020 21
Parent's Knowledge Organisers
To assist you in supporting your child's learning we complete knowledge organisers for our parents. This term's can be found below:
- 2 Hot and Cold Country KO
- 6 Where am I now Where would I move to new
- Animals including humans knowledge organiser
- Animals including humans knowledge organiser 1
- Geog KO OS maps
- Kings and Queens KO
- KO Windrush Generation
- Plants knowledge organiser
- Queen Victoria Queen Elizabeth II KO
- Year 4 KO Saxons and Vikings