Abbotsweld NET Curriculum
At Abbotsweld we use the national curriculum as a minimum. The curriculum we have written from this is devised to prepare pupils to be ‘life ready’ as a ‘global citizen’ but what does this mean?
Our rich knowledge based curriculum means that pupils gain essential knowledge and have the opportunity to be experts in every subject.
Knowledge to be taught each term is shared with pupils and parents at the beginning of the term through a Factfile. This knowledge can be ‘quizzed’ multiple times in a low pressure, high expectation environment to maximise progress.
Expertise is developed through skills- pupils will understand what it means to be a geographer, historian, scientist, writer, mathematician etc... and work on this throughout their time at Abbotsweld.
See our curriculum here.
Our Pupil Athlete Centre hosts our in-house physical development lessons where pupils have access to a wide range of equipment including:
- Indoor Traversing Climbing Wall
- Curling stones
- Gymnastics Vaults
In addition to formal lessons with a specialist teacher we run ‘Get Up Get Going’, sporting excellence clubs, exposure opportunities and more. During social times pupils increase their physical development throughout organised games and free use of equipment. Find out more about our Pupil Athlete Pathway here.
At Abbotsweld pupils find a sense of SELF through an innovative and bespoke SELF programme which encompasses pupils’ development of Social Skills, Exposure to the world, Life Skills, Fascination. Sessions may include:
- 50 Things at Abbotsweld
- First Aid
- College and University Trips
- Political Debate
- Charity Activities
- Curriculum Long Term Plan
- English Long Term Plan
- EYFS Long Term Plan
- Maths Long Term Plan
- Y1 Maths Long Term Plans
- Y2 Maths Long Term Plans
- Y3 Maths Long Term Plans
- Y4 Maths Long Term Plans
- Y5 Maths Long Term Plans
- Y6 Maths Long Term Plans
- Year 1 English Medium Term Plans
- Year 1 Maths Medium Term Plan
- Year 2 English Medium Term Plans
- Year 2 Maths Medium Term Plan
- Year 3 English Medium Term Plans
- Year 3 Maths Medium Term Plan
- Year 4 English Medium Term Plans
- Year 4 Maths Medium Term Plan
- Year 5 English Medium Term Plans
- Year 5 Maths Medium Term Plan
- Year 6 English Medium Term Plans
- Year 6 Maths Medium Term Plan
Parent's Knowledge Organisers
To assist you in supporting your child's learning we complete knowledge organisers for our parents. This term's can be found below:
- Geog Year 3 4 Spring 2019 England Vs Poland
- Geog Year 5 6 Spring 2019 Where would I move to
- History Year 1 2 Spring 2019 Prime Ministers
- History Year 3 4 Spring 2019 William of Normandy
- History Year 5 6 Spring 2019 Migration Then Now
- KS1 Starting Research
- Lower KS2 Bringing images to life
- Upper KS2 Robotics and Systems